20030218

What's the difference between blogging and writing?


i remembered when i was in my adolescent age, there was fever eagerness in my mind that i must write down everything i felt, no matter how subtle it was. i always brought my diary with me, on my way to the school or at my own small room. In the 80s, being a traditional taiwanese student as one can be, buried under those heavy textbooks and tests day after day, it was so easy to be extremely sentimental and frightened that if i weren't able to leave something down, i might commit suicide tomorrow as an objection to the living world but no one would ever know my existence. Writing, with the ball-point pen drawing blue-ink chinese characters on those blank pages, is a power. It made me feeling in control, as well as feeling relief.


Now in the computer age, i almost forget the feeling of writing on the paper. keyboard replaces my pen. Yes, i still write documents and reports day after day, right in front of my PC; i still show my feelings, key them in at the IM or email, sometimes plus a :-( However, i wonder would i ever be thrilled again, just because of reading out my own words, finding that what i feel and what i think now is never happened to me before, and probably neither in the future.


i think that's the reason which brings me to blogging, the thrill and the desire of writing.


私にとって日本語はミステリー言語である。例えば、中国語と英語は全く違い言語だが、言い方の「態度」は実は似てる。一方、同じ漢字文化の言語といっても、その「態度」はあくまでも別々のものである。


ミステリーには面白さがある。日本語の勉強の道には、私はまた子供のようなワクワクし、何でも飽きられないところである。この気持ちを忘れないようにすれば、ずっとこの道を歩いて行こうと思う。


中文是我的母語。以母語書寫,就是有種信手拈來的快感。不過像這樣彷彿喃喃自語的寫作,似乎也是很遙遠的事了。然而正是這般吹風飲水的自然,我想我是會寫中文寫到死的吧。

沒有留言: