20060116

Saṃsāra of photos

I must confess that i am kind of late to catch up the buzz of Flickr. However, i'm getting addicted to it day by day. It's not only because i can upload my photos in a clean way, but because it mixs the photos in a simple but beautiful method to show us the world.
And recently, i even found out a slick beautiful software to leverage the potential of Flickr. it calls "stickr", works only on Mac OS X right now. After you install it, you can type in some keywords which can be a tag or a Flickr user's name, and it automatically downloads the photo stream of that word. Afterward, it shows the photos like a steady flow of river, which makes an astonishing viewing experience. I can't help but stop my typing work, just glance at it, and realize that it reminds me a simple but ususally omitted fact: the world is continually flowing just like it shows.
I want to figure out a suitable word to describe the feeling, and this is my personal metaphor: it is the saṃsāra of photos.

註:Saṃsāra在中文多被譯為「輪迴」,不過我在這裡想借用另一個譯詞:「流轉」。
注:Saṃsāraは日本語ではよく「輪廻」と訳されますが、ここでもう一つの言葉の意味として解釈してほしい:「流転」。

沒有留言: